The Truth about The Answer

A fictional tale about a man who's striking similarity to Allen Iverson is purely coincidental.

Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Saturday, April 23, 2005

2 - Who Is A.I.?

According to NBA insiders, Allen Iverson's officially reported height of six feet and zero inches is apparently slightly exaggerated. While six feet might seem tall, amongst the Ogres and Giants of professional basketball the man is more of an Earl Boykins than a Yao Ming. Knowing what I now know about Allen Iverson, it surprises me that more people did not pick up on the curious fact that his actual height seems to vary depending on who is measuring him.

Despite his miniature stature, this man consistently plays more minutes than anyone else in the league and has scored 40 points or more on 50 or more seperate occasions. He drives deep into the paint again and again, jabbing into the fleshy area beneath the net using his own body as a blade. Despite being repeatedly hacked, slapped, bumped and smacked by men twice his weight, he always bounces to his feet with astounding levity and resilience. Despite taking repeated lickings, he continues to flip-fly past the basket, delivering his 2 and occassionally 3 point payload with circus-like flicks of the wrist. Again, knowing what I now I know, I suggest to my readers, that this should have been a clue to his true nature. Knowing what I know now, I certainly cannot disagree with the colour commentators who often describe this spritely spark of a man as some sort of anti-grinch, whose heart is a couple of sizes too big.

This diminutive star of astronomical agility and seemingly infinite stamina will be the focus of this website and as I document the trials and tribulations through which he perserveres in his quest for success both on and off the basketball court.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home